As an Engineering student or graduate, you must know that all big-wigs have various interview rounds; a major one being the coding round. Coding rounds are interview rounds set to test the programming skills of the candidates. In Coding rounds, candidates are expected to solve problems with constraints and time-space complexity. Thus, Competitive Programming comes in-handy to ace big tech coding interviews.
So, What Exactly is Competitive Programming?
Competitive Programming is a mind sport held online over various open platforms. In Competitive Programming, candidates need to solve distinct coding problems under specific limitations. Big companies like Facebook, Google etc. hold online contests/competitions for coders. TopCoder, Codechef, HackerRank, Codeforces, SPOJ are some platforms which hold competitive programming competitions for programmers to practice and showcase their skills.
What are the Benefits of Competitive Programming?
· Build Problem-solving skills – In Competitive Programming, programmers need to find the most optimized solution to the given problem within a specific time and space. It helps participants to work on and hone their problem-solving skills.
· Team Work – Various Competitive Programming Contests are held in teams of a few participants. Competitions held in teams give participants a chance to learn the art of team-building.
· Showcase your skills – Building your profiles on various coding platforms and participating in competitions gives you a space to showcase your coding talent and be recognized by other programmers as well as recruiters, for many visit such websites in search of fresh talent.
· Be prepared for coding interviews – With increased understanding of time-space complexity and better problem-solving skills; technical interviews would become a cakewalk for you. Competitive Programmers usually perform better in technical interviews than programmers who have no prior experience with such contests/competitions.
· Get hired – Big-wigs like Amazon, Facebook, Google, Apple keep searching for talented minds who can ace any programming problem with ease. Platforms like Codechef, HackerRank, Codeforces, SPOJ are the right place for their search. Companies like Facebook host their own contests like HackerCup in search for fresh minds with out of the box ideas.
Thus, we know that Competitive Programming not only help us hone our programming skills, but also provides us with platforms to showcase those skills to recruiters from our favourite companies.
Keeping in mind the significance of competitive coding, Coding Blocks bring one of the most finely curated Competitive Programming Courses. The course is an ultimate learning guide to competitive programming, with an aim to optimize the problem-solving skills of young programmers who dream to ace coding competitions and crack interviews of various big tech companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Begin your Competitive Coding journey today and ace interviews of various big-wigs like Google, Apple Facebook, Amazon, Netflix etc.