Pursuing engineering for four long years with endless amounts of assignments and exams along with honing your programming skills, you have the insatiable hunger to crack those job interviews and get your ideal job in the industry.
While job hunting may be stressful and you are also more likely to give in to jobs you don’t really like after you get tired of finding your ideal dream job. But obviously who said that job hunting would be easy? But the key is to never give up, you have worked hard for your dreams and never settle for anything less. The main point of job hunting is to analyse and prepare well for anything and everything companies may throw at you in the interviews.
Here’s some tips to get you started on the right path –
1. Improve your programming skills – There is no substitute for hard work and no matter how well you have made your portfolio, you won’t get past the technical rounds without having the required skills. Also, sometimes you think you have all the skills you need, but diving deep into the knowledge ocean and getting your basics strong is the key to get that dream job.
2. Prepare a well-defined portfolio – Your portfolio speaks a lot about you. Your portfolio is the point zero from where the company gets to know about you. Create a well-defined, concise portfolio which makes the impression you need to get the job you want.
3. Decide the kind of role you want to play in the company – An office is a place where you will be spending a lot of portion of a life, so choose a job and a role where you enjoy spending your day. A well-defined career profile will make your future a bright one.
4. Prepare a concise and impressive cover letter – Your cover letter for your portfolio describes you the best. Prepare a concise cover letter which describes you and your skills the best. Make sure to put in all your achievements and skills on the top which you think are the best suited for the job you are applying for.
5. Expand your social network – Social media today is a platform which you can use it to your advantage, grow your social media reach. Nowadays, social sites like LinkedIn give you the opportunity to upload your bio data which can be seen by recruiters and HR’s. Make sure to make the bio data as informative as possible before finally uploading it to a social media site.
Follow the above points and you’re already on the way to get that dream job of yours. Good luck from Coding Blocks in finding your dream job. Happy Coding guys!